~photoblog of a WNY zone 6 gardener

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cottage Garden ~ Key Largo Style

It's been awhile since I posted about the Upper Keys Garden Walk, and I really need to show the last two gardens since they were wonderful to visit.
My second to last stop was on Sunset along the bay. It was the closest to a cottage style garden as I suppose you would see down there. The plants were different, the house was too grand to be a cottage, but the plants were growing together in joyful exuberance.
Photobucket
The heart of a tropical cottage gardener was there.

Photobucket

Though the house was big and built near the water, it had its own personality, and was welcoming.
Photobucket

The patio matched the house!
Photobucket

It was so reminicent of... oh... I don't know.... this?
Photobucket
LOL! My front porch colors are the same color scheme. Nice to know I've got the same taste as someone who owns a multi million dollar home.
If you want to see more pics from this garden click here.

1 comment:

Dirt Princess said...

I love the colors! You do have good taste ;). Nice gardens. I am so glad you have shared all of them with us

Favorite Garden Blogs

Favorite Tomatoes

  • Humph - Green
  • Stump of the World - Pink, my absolute favorite
  • Little Lucky - Small Yellow Bicolor
  • Prudens Purple - meaty Pink
  • Carbon - Black

Followers

About Me

My photo
Plantaholic, from annuals to perennials, from tomatoes to roses. You name it; I love it! I often get very busy with my business and life and don't post as often as I would like.