~photoblog of a WNY zone 6 gardener

Friday, December 5, 2008

Cottage Gardens Daylilies

The Pink in front is Dallas Star
In July I finally decided I wanted to see Cottage Gardens Daylilies out in Medina. I called my friend Hilde who was more than up for the short trip. We made a day of it stopping for cherries on the side of the road on the way there. On the way home we went to get popcorn made on the side of the road in at Bye's in Olcott, and then we stopped at Gordie Harper's Bazaar restaurant/flea market in Newfane.
It rained all morning, but stopped by the time we got to Cottage Farms. I realized this ended up being a good thing since some daylilies don't endure raindrops as well as others. When we pulled we were in awe. I had no idea the place would be so big. I felt like Dorothy at the field of poppies. I just wanted to get out of the car and run!

Looking Back Towards the Road
Looking back towards the road.

We thought the big field of daylilies was it, and it definitely was more than enough, but there was a whole nother garden! The house garden. It was beautiful, a mix of newer daylily cultivars and perennials.
Ben Adams is the cream daylily up front

I ended up taking home Gentle Rose, Blueberry Breakfast, and Impish Charm.
Gentle Rose(I think, lol)
Gentle Rose at the field

Blueberry Breakfast
Blueberry Breakfast at home in the garden

Impish Charm
Impish Charm just brought home looking a bit tired.

I'm already looking forward to next year's trip!
I took many more pics. You can see them by copying and pasting the link
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/Remyo_2006/Cottage%20Gardens%20Daylilies/
(I still need to figure out how to make the link clickable.) Update, I figured it out!!

No comments:

Favorite Garden Blogs

Favorite Tomatoes

  • Humph - Green
  • Stump of the World - Pink, my absolute favorite
  • Little Lucky - Small Yellow Bicolor
  • Prudens Purple - meaty Pink
  • Carbon - Black

Followers

About Me

My photo
Plantaholic, from annuals to perennials, from tomatoes to roses. You name it; I love it! I often get very busy with my business and life and don't post as often as I would like.