~photoblog of a WNY zone 6 gardener
Monday, July 11, 2011
2011 Trek to Cottage Gardens Daylilies
Every year a couple girlfriends and I make the drive out to Medina, NY to visit Cottage Gardens Daylilies. We would all tell you it is worth the visit. This year was sunny and warm, perfect for strolling around looking at the flowers.The daylily field is quite the site to see during the month of July.
This year I bought the following four.
Minstrel Boy, yes I know terrible name, but the flower is gorgeous.
Skinny Dipping, very tall, just what I needed.
Brent Ross, the owner, is always helpful and friendly.
His wife Debbie and he have created a beautiful house garden containing other complimentary plants and even a water garden complete with water lilies.
I take so many photos of daylilies there, it is hard to pick just a few to show you. But here are some of the beauties that were blooming.
Twist and Spin
Mask of Eternity
I Wanna Piranha
Hope you enjoyed the pics!
If you would like to see all the photos on my photobucket album, Click Here.
Favorite Garden Related Sites
- THE SAMPLE SEED SHOP
- Missouri PLANT ID Site - best wild plant ID site
- THE SEED SITE - great for IDing seeds
- ROB'S PLANTS
- PAGHAT'S GARDEN
- ROBIN'S SALVIAS - great photo galleries
- TOMATOVILLE - forums for tomato lovers
- SELECTED PLANTS- Tomato site with lots of great growing info
- Betsy Knapp Hypertufa - my friend who makes planters
- MY GardenWeb Page
- Cyndi Johnson's Catalog List - extensive garden catalog listings
Favorite Garden Blogs
Garden Nurseries and Centers in the WNY Area
- Adams Nurseries, Sheridan, Tonawanda, and Rt 33, Lancaster
- Earsings, Clinton, West Seneca
- Faery's Nursery, Ridge Rd., Ransomville
- Frank's Veggie Stand and Niagara Aquarium at Miltary and Woodward, Tonawanda
- Lavocat's Nursery, Heroy Rd., Clarence Center
- Lockwood's Greenhouses, Clark St., Hamburg
- Masterson's, Olean Rd., East Aurora
- Menne Nursery, N.F. Blvd., Amherst
- Mike Weber Greenhouses, French Rd, West Seneca
- Mischler's Florist(sells garden plants,) S. Forest, Williamsville e
- Russell's Tree & Shrub Farm, Transit, East Amherst
- Smith's Greenhouse, Wrights Corners
- Stedmann's Nursery, Rt. 78, Newfane
- Treichler's, Saunder Settlement, Sanborn
- Ulbrich's, Broadway, Alden
- Urban Roots, Rhode Island, Buffalo
- Zehrs on the Lake, Rt 18, Burt, NY