~photoblog of a WNY zone 6 gardener

Friday, November 28, 2008

Missing The Roses

Photobucket
Dr. Huey that came with the house

It is Black Friday. I will never get up early to shop with a bunch of people who most likely make me want to start swearing like a merchant marine. I would rather spend more money than endure that.

Driving around today, I was stopped on the Blvd. where all the old motels are. Remnants of rose petals hung to the stems. I thought of my roses at home with buds that never developed into blooms before the killing freeze.

I planted quite a few roses this fall. I haven't added new ones in quite some time. I had run out of space, but a new deck this summer put ideas of new flower beds in motion. I decided to expand and lose some more grass. I'm not a big fan of grass.

I'll be showing a lot of photos of roses and other flowers hopefully on this blog.

Long John Silver
Long John Silver

No comments:

Favorite Garden Blogs

Favorite Tomatoes

  • Humph - Green
  • Stump of the World - Pink, my absolute favorite
  • Little Lucky - Small Yellow Bicolor
  • Prudens Purple - meaty Pink
  • Carbon - Black

Followers

About Me

My photo
Plantaholic, from annuals to perennials, from tomatoes to roses. You name it; I love it! I often get very busy with my business and life and don't post as often as I would like.